Within the first year of winning two Green seats on Hackney Council, our two councillors have been busy working hard on behalf of residents.
Because of their hard work, and the support from many local members, the Hackney Green Party is proud to announce many major successes ✊
- Hackney Council committed to Net Zero 2030, based on the Hackney Green Manifesto (whereas the Labour Hackney manifesto was for net zero by 2040)
- The Climate and Ecology Bill proposed by Hackney Green Party - Passed!
- Ethical Advertising policy from the Hackney Green Manifesto was adopted!
- Solidarity with striking workers motion - Passed!
- Supporting the trans community joint motion with Labour - Passed!
- And… too many local wins to list!
Next steps for the Hackney Green Party:
To create an ambitious agenda for our second year and beyond on Hackney Council.
And we want your input!
- What would you like to see improved in Hackney?
- Which communities need our support in Hackney?
- What opportunities have you noticed for green campaigns in Hackney?
This event is suitable to all Hackney Green Party members, whether you quietly support us from the side lines or you’re already actively involved.
Whether you are interested in major Green policies; local campaigns; and/or scrutinising the Labour majority at Hackney Council’s policy implementation and holding the Labour-led Council to account - this Hackney Policy Fest is for you 🙏
Please feel free to bring snacks to share - some cakes and tea/coffee will be provided. There is no charge to attend the PolicyFest.
London E8 3SY
Google map and directions